CEO & Creative Director
I didn't set out to be a wedding planner, that's for sure! I had noticed a distinct lack of resources for Ottawa brides when I was helping my friend design her wedding, so I launched a blog for Ottawa brides in 2012 with a highly curated vendor list along with design inspiration. I quickly started receiving submissions from vendors across the world, it won multiple awards for Best Canadian Wedding Blog, and the blog was officially Canada's first fine art wedding website. I eventually launched wedding planning, design and floral services through the blog in 2014 and it took off. We've doubled our bookings each year and thrown some pretty spectacular parties, one of which was the grand opening of our very own boutique in Ottawa in 2017!
- She's a well-known Scotch drinker.
- She's also well-know for never sleeping (see her many videos at 3am still working).
- Food is her true love. She's literally a walking restaurant guide.
- She's moved 30 times all across North America.
- She collects insanely good stories like stamps, ask her for her latest.
I went to school for marketing and ended up jumping into an administrative job at one of the world's largest franchises. While I'm really good at admin, I quickly discovered that corporate life isn't my passion. I needed something to spice up my life, keep me on my toes, and utilize my admin and organizational skills. Let me tell you, the wedding world did just that! I met Brittany when she took me under her wing as a co-op placement for my Event Mangement graduate program; it has been a WHIRLWIND ever since and I've loved every second! When I'm not at work, I'm hanging out with my best friend Sterling (my dog), being a homebody and enjoying good food and wine with my close friends.
- Puppies are the key to her heart.
- She's a cheese and bread lover (we all are haha). #carbivore
- She believes that wine and coffee will fix any problem .
- She's an adrenaline junkie.
- She would live in the mountains with her pup, Sterling, if she could.
Born in raised in Windsor Ontario, I am now a forever Ottawa resident having fallen in love with this city. While my background is in communications, women & gender studies and disability management, my heart belongs in the world of weddings. How did I meet Brittany? Let's just say I followed her on social media because I loved everything she did and her vision for today's weddings. One day I found the courage to slip my resume under her door... and now here I am. I was not about to give up on my dream job. I have dreamed about planning weddings since I was a little girl. I am creative, resourceful and tenacious.
- Don't worry about her height. She is small but mighty.
- She launched her own cake design company in high school called "Maddiecakes." #youngmoney
- She was the first female CEO of the Ontario Student Trustee Association. Total trailblazer.
- She's had four hip surgeries thanks to a genetic condition she inherited. Nothing stops her.
- She's the oddball of our group: she loves the outdoors. Canoeing, kayaking, hiking, yoga, spinning and running (the rest of us like wine and tv...)